One of the important aspect before creating a website is to choose a good domain name. Domain name represents the website and your business. A good web name is the key to your web presence. Below are some of the kep points to consider when choosing a domain name.
- it should be simple and easy to read/pronounce
- it shall able to describe exactly your business and what you do
- try not to be to long and not over 20 characters
- do not use special characters like dashes and hyphen
- use popular domain name extension like .com or your local country domain like .my for Malaysia
- include keywords related to your business on the domain name. This will help with search engines
Websiteguru is part of heyram solutions group who does web designing and digital marketing for small business ventures in Malaysia.